Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Chocolate Chip MALT Cookies

I've always been a chocolate chip cookie fan. I've always been a malted chocolate milkshake fan. These cookies are the best of both worlds. I can honestly say these are possibly the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made.

My only worry for these cookies is that they won't be appreciated for what they really are. I am going to serve them at our international student Bible study... have I mentioned that I love internationals? Unfortunately though, I don't think they grew up drinking malted milkshakes on the bar stools of old fashioned drug stores (Toomer's Corner anyone? War Eagle!) so the magnitude of how amazing these cookies are might not be given due credit... sigh. Thankfully Elisabeth is home to stroke my ego. Much love Elisabrat!

Maybe next week I'll make kimchi cookies and filafel brownies...

So here goes, preheat oven to 350 F, first beat 2 sticks of softened unsalted butter, mix in 3/4 cup of brown sugar and 3/4 cup granulated sugar, add 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 2 eggs, and lastly (drum roll) 2/3 cup malted milk!


In a separate bowl, whisk 2 1/2 cups AP flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda, and 1 teaspoon baking powder.


Gradually add four mixture to butter mixture and mix with an electric mixer! (enough words with "mix" in it??)


Drop onto greased baking sheet and bake ~7 minutes or until golden brown.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 c AP flour
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2/3 c malted milk
3/4 c brown sugar
3/4 c granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder

In HIM
-Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment